Tracking Infrastructure for Social Media Analysis (TrISMA) collects and archives public data and public profile information from Australian Twitter feeds and Facebook. ECU is part of a consortium of eight Australian universities sharing this unique infrastructure.
As part of Big Data week, we invite researchers interested in using social media data scraping to investigate their area of interest or extend their research toolkits to include social media analytics to our TrISMA workshops.
The workshop will:
- Introduce social media data scraping and its uses across disciplines;
- Outline ECU access to the infrastructure;
- Provide a demonstration of capabilities of data scraping via TrISMA; and,
- Outline two current ECU research projects
- Politics of Preventative Medicine: An analysis of public debate surrounding vaccination in social media.
- An investigation into the use of social media in occupational health and safety.
Workshops will be held for interested researchers at:
- ECU Mt Lawley: Monday 8th May, 2017 at 12.00pm in ML 10.308 Register here
- ECU Joondalup: Wednesday 10th May, 2017 at 12.00pm in JO 21.429 Register here
Lunch, juice, tea and coffee provided. Please contact Kelly Jaunzems email@example.com with any special dietary requirements by Friday 28th April, 2017.